Questions to Ask – and Annotate
- Who produced the image? Why?
- What do the various parts of the image mean?
- Who is the image intended for?
- What are distinguishing features of the image?
- What does the image conceal?
- Is the image an accurate representation?
- What does the image “argue”? Is it convincing?
- Are there parts of the image you don’t understand?
Strategies to Pursue
Can you find images that cover the same event and topic that provide a different perspective?
Can you find images that were created by the same person at the same event?